TERMS OF SERVICE
Last Modified: July, 2020
WHEN USING THE SERVICE, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION, DATA AND/OR CONTENT THAT MAY REASONABLY IDENTIFY AN INDIVIDUAL OR VIOLATE ANY OBLIGATIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY OF PATIENTS, CLIENTS, AND/OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY PROFESSIONAL OBLIGATIONS THAT YOU MAY HAVE (E.G., AS A LICENSED CAREGIVER).
Certain services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time, and your use of such services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are hereby incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE; NO MEDICAL ADVICE
THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL THE CAREGIVER HUB CONTENT, IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION.NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE THE CAREGIVER HUB WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. THE CAREGIVER HUB DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY SPECIFIC TESTS, PHYSICIANS, PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OPINIONS, OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT MAY BE MENTIONED ON THE SERVICE.RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE CAREGIVER HUB OR OTHER USERS APPEARING ON THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- 1.1 EligibilityThis is a contract between you and The Caregiver Hub. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Service. If you do not agree, you may not use the Service. You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with The Caregiver Hub, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from the Service by The Caregiver Hub.
- 1.2 Limited LicenseSubject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by the features of the Service. The Caregiver Hub reserves all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service and the The Caregiver Hub Content (as defined below). The Caregiver Hub may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- 1.3 User AccountsYour account on the Service (your “User Account”) gives you access to the services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time and in our sole discretion. We may maintain different types of User Accounts for different types of Users. If you open a User Account on behalf of a company, organization, or other entity, then (i) “you” includes you and that entity, and (ii) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to this Agreement, and that you agree to this Agreement on the entity’s behalf. By connecting to The Caregiver Hub with a third-party service, you give us permission to access and use your information from that service as permitted by that service, and to store your log-in credentials for that service. You may never use another User’s User Account without permission. When creating your User Account, you must provide accurate and complete information, and you must keep this information up to date. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your User Account, and you must keep your User Account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your User Account. You must notify The Caregiver Hub immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your User Account. The Caregiver Hub will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your User Account.
You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in your settings page. By providing The Caregiver Hub your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address to send you other messages, such as changes to features of the Service. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your preferences in your settings page. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
- 1.4 Service RulesYou agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”; (ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the The Caregiver Hub servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that The Caregiver Hub grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy publicly available materials from the The Caregiver Hub website for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials); (iii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (v) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (vi) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (vii) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (viii) using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes; (ix) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity; (x) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (xi) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (xii) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
- 1.5 Changes to the ServiceWe may, without prior notice, change the Service; stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to Users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination for any reason or no reason, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- 1.6 Disputes with Other UsersYou are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. The Caregiver Hub shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
- 1.7 Service LocationThe Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. The Caregiver Hub makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable United States and local laws and regulations, including but not limited to export and import regulations. You may not use the Service if you are a resident of a country embargoed by the United States, or are a foreign person or entity blocked or denied by the United States government. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all materials found on the Service are solely directed to individuals, companies, or other entities located in the United States.
- 1.8 Voluntary Nature of RelationshipYou understand and agree that you may only use the Service on a voluntary and coach basis. You understand and agree that you when you share your experience or support with other Users on the Service you are doing so as a coach, not an employee, and that you are offering your information freely, of your own accord. You understand that this coach opportunity does not displace regular employees at The Caregiver Hub. You understand that, in exchange for your service as a coach, you have neither been promised any consideration (e.g. pay, benefits, promise of future salary, promise of future employment), nor do you expect to receive any consideration.
- 1.9 ConfidentialityThe Service is rooted in trust and confidence. You agree that you will hold in confidence and shall not disclose to any third party any Confidential Information (as defined below) you obtain as a result of using the Service. In addition, you agree that you shall not use Confidential Information for your own benefit or the benefit of a third party without the explicit consent of the person who disclosed such Confidential Information to you. “Confidential Information” means any and all information and material that is marked as confidential, is identified as confidential, or should reasonably be considered confidential based on the circumstances surrounding the disclosure and the nature of the information disclosed.
- 1.10 Equal Opportunity and NondiscriminationThe Caregiver Hub does not and shall not discriminate on any basis to include race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of coaches, partner organizations, or vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, coaches, subcontractors, partners, vendors, and clients. Further, we require organizations with which we partner, including nonprofits and for-profit companies, to adhere to equivalent policies of nondiscrimination and ensure any of their representatives uphold the same standards.
- 1.11 Requirements for Partner OrganizationsThe Caregiver Hub works with various partner organizations, including, but not limited to, for-profit companies, nonprofit organizations, and membership associations. We require that all partner organizations adhere strictly to nondiscrimination policies that meet or exceed our own standards of nondiscrimination. Further, we require that partner organizations are secular in nature and do not discriminate programmatically based on religious affiliation. To facilitate the inclusive environment aligned with our values, partner organizations must at minimum adhere to the following criteria: alignment of inclusive mission and purpose, be non-political in nature, and be secular in programmatic alignment (even if religiously affiliated). We expressly reserve the right to refuse or cease partnership at our sole discretion, without or without cause. Evidence of discriminatory practices will constitute grounds for immediate termination of any partnership.
We claim no ownership rights over User Content created by you. The User Content you create remains yours. However, you understand that certain portions of the Public Spaces may allow other Users to view, edit, share, and/or otherwise interact with your User Content. By providing or sharing User Content through the Public Spaces, you agree to allow others to view, edit, share, and/or interact with your User Content in accordance with your settings and this Agreement. The Caregiver Hub has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Service.
By submitting, posting, displaying, providing, or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Public Spaces of the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to The Caregiver Hub a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service and The Caregiver Hub’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User of the Public Spaces of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under this Agreement. By submitting any communications or User Content to the Public Spaces, you further agree that such submission is non-confidential for all purposes. If you wish to keep any information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Spaces. Notwithstanding the foregoing, by submitting, posting, displaying, providing, or otherwise making available any User Content on or through the Private Spaces of the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant, to The Caregiver Hub a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, syndicate, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in such User Content, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, in order for The Caregiver Hub (and its successors’ and affiliates’) to provide the Service you.
For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
In connection with your User Content, you affirm, represent and warrant the following:
- You have the written consent of each and every identifiable natural person in the User Content, if any, to use such person’s name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Service and this Agreement, and each such person has released you from any liability that may arise in relation to such use.
- You have obtained and are solely responsible for obtaining all consents as may be required by law to post any User Content relating to third parties.
- Your User Content and The Caregiver Hub’s use thereof as contemplated by this Agreement and the Service will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Rights and privacy rights.
- The Caregiver Hub may exercise the rights to your User Content granted under this Agreement without liability for payment of any guild fees, residuals, payments, fees, or royalties payable under any collective bargaining agreement or otherwise.
- To the best of your knowledge, all your User Content and other information that you provide to us is truthful and accurate.
The Caregiver Hub takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts, sends, or otherwise makes available over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting, publishing it, sharing it, or otherwise making it available on the Service, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that The Caregiver Hub shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of or relating to any User Content. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
- Using the Service for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by The Caregiver Hub in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting, scraping or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments
- Posting the same note more than once or "spamming"; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Service, or which, in the judgment of The Caregiver Hub, exposes The Caregiver Hub or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
Without limiting any other right under this Agreement, The Caregiver Hub reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with this Agreement.
- Terminate a user's access to any or all of the Services upon any breach of this Agreement.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Spaces.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the Service, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
- The Caregiver Hub or its licensors have no liability or responsibility to users of the Service or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place The Caregiver Hub under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, The Caregiver Hub does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to The Caregiver Hub, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
The Service contains data, information, and other content not owned by you, such as reputational or status indicators fictional property representing virtual achievements (for instance, rewards or powers) (“The Caregiver Hub Property”). You understand and agree that regardless of terminology used, The Caregiver Hub Property represents a limited license right governed solely by the terms of this Agreement and available for distribution at The Caregiver Hub’s sole discretion. The Caregiver Hub Property is not redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from The Caregiver Hub at any time. You acknowledge that you do not own the User Account you use to access the Service, nor do you possess any rights of access or rights to data stored by or on behalf of The Caregiver Hub on The Caregiver Hub servers, including without limitation any data representing or embodying any or all of your The Caregiver Hub Property. You agree that The Caregiver Hub has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate The Caregiver Hub Property as it sees fit in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that The Caregiver Hub will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such right. All data on The Caregiver Hub’s servers are subject to deletion, alteration or transfer. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY VALUE ATTRIBUTED TO SUCH DATA BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, USER ACCOUNT HISTORY AND USER ACCOUNT CONTENT RESIDING ON THE CAREGIVER HUB’S SERVERS, MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON IN THE CAREGIVER HUB’S SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITH NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND. THE CAREGIVER HUB DOES NOT PROVIDE OR GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON THE CAREGIVER HUB’S SERVERS.
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit The Caregiver Hub to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and, e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
|The Caregiver Hub, Inc.|
|Address:||64 Atwood Ave|
|Sausalito, CA 94965|
UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY AND CIVIL PENALTIES, INCLUDING MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
Please note that this procedure is exclusively for notifying The Caregiver Hub and its affiliates that your copyrighted material has been infringed. The preceding requirements are intended to comply with The Caregiver Hub’s rights and obligations under the DMCA, including 17 U.S.C. §512(c), but do not constitute legal advice. It may be advisable to contact an attorney regarding your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, The Caregiver Hub has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, Users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. The Caregiver Hub may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the User Accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
FURTHER, THE CAREGIVER HUB DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, AND THE CAREGIVER HUB WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CAREGIVER HUB, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SATISFACTION OF ANY GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS REQUIRING DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ON PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRODUCTS OR THE APPROVAL OR COMPLIANCE OF ANY SOFTWARE TOOLS WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE SERVICE.
FEDERAL LAW, SOME STATES, PROVINCES AND OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CAREGIVER HUB ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVICE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CAREGIVER HUB, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO THE CAREGIVER HUB HEREUNDER OR $100.00, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF THE CAREGIVER HUB HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- 12.1 Governing Law.You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in California; and (ii) the Service shall be deemed a passive one that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over us, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. The parties acknowledge that this Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. Notwithstanding the preceding sentences with respect to the substantive law, any arbitration conducted pursuant to the terms of this Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16). The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in San Francisco County, California for any actions for which we retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a our copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, as set forth in the Arbitration provision below, including any provisional relief required to prevent irreparable harm. You agree that San Francisco County, California is the proper forum for any appeals of an arbitration award or for trial court proceedings in the event that the arbitration provision below is found to be unenforceable.
- 12.2 Arbitration.Read this section carefully because it requires the parties to arbitrate their disputes and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from The Caregiver Hub. For any dispute with The Caregiver Hub, you agree to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. In the unlikely event that The Caregiver Hub has not been able to resolve a dispute it has with you after sixty (60) days, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding any claims for injunctive or other equitable relief as provided below) arising out of or in connection with or relating to this Agreement, or the breach or alleged breach thereof (collectively, “Claims”), by binding arbitration by JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitration will be conducted in San Francisco County, California, unless you and The Caregiver Hub agree otherwise. If you are using the Service for commercial purposes, each party will be responsible for paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules, and the award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys’ fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses. If you are an individual using the Service for non-commercial purposes: (i) JAMS may require you to pay a fee for the initiation of your case, unless you apply for and successfully obtain a fee waiver from JAMS; (ii) the award rendered by the arbitrator may include your costs of arbitration, your reasonable attorney’s fees, and your reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses; and (iii) you may sue in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction without first engaging in arbitration, but this does not absolve you of your commitment to engage in the informal dispute resolution process. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this Section shall be deemed as preventing The Caregiver Hub from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts as necessary to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation, or violation of our data security, Intellectual Property Rights or other proprietary rights.
- 12.3 Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver.With respect to all persons and entities, regardless of whether they have obtained or used the Service for personal, commercial or other purposes, all Claims must be brought in the parties’ individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action or other representative proceeding. This waiver applies to class arbitration, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s Claims. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and The Caregiver Hub are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- 13.1 Mobile Applications.We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (“Mobile Applications”). To use any Mobile Applications you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Applications. The Caregiver Hub does not warrant that the Mobile Applications will be compatible with your mobile device. You may use mobile data in connection with the Mobile Applications and may incur additional charges from your wireless provider for these services. You agree that you are solely responsible for any such charges. The Caregiver Hub hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Applications for one The Caregiver Hub User Account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Applications, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Applications to any third party or use the Mobile Applications to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Applications; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Applications, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Applications, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Applications; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Applications. You acknowledge that The Caregiver Hub may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Applications, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Applications that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Applications is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Applications or any copy thereof, and The Caregiver Hub or its third-party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Applications (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. The Caregiver Hub reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement. If the Mobile Applications is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then the following provision applies. The Mobile Applications will be deemed to be “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” respectively, pursuant to DFAR Section 227.7202 and FAR Section 12.212, as applicable. Any use, reproduction, release, performance, display or disclosure of the Service and any accompanying documentation by the U.S. Government will be governed solely by this Agreement and is prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement. The Mobile Applications originates in the United States, and is subject to United States export laws and regulations. The Mobile Applications may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or those persons or entities prohibited from receiving exports from the United States. In addition, the Mobile Applications may be subject to the import and export laws of other countries. You agree to comply with all United States and foreign laws related to use of the Mobile Applications and the Service.
- 13.2 Mobile Applications from Apple App Store.The following applies to any Mobile Applications you acquire from the Apple App Store (“Apple-Sourced Software”): You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is solely between you and The Caregiver Hub, not Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) and that Apple has no responsibility for the Apple-Sourced Software or content thereof. Your use of the Apple-Sourced Software must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Apple-Sourced Software. In the event of any failure of the Apple-Sourced Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the Apple-Sourced Software to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apple-Sourced Software, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by this Agreement and any law applicable to The Caregiver Hub as provider of the software. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apple-Sourced Software or your possession and/or use of the Apple-Sourced Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Apple-Sourced Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by this Agreement and any law applicable to The Caregiver Hub as provider of the software. You acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that the Apple-Sourced Software or your possession and use of that Apple-Sourced Software infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, The Caregiver Hub, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement. You and The Caregiver Hub acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement as relates to your license of the Apple-Sourced Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as relates to your license of the Apple-Sourced Software against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- 14.1 Assignment.This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by The Caregiver Hub without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
- 14.2 Notification Procedures and Changes to the Agreement.The Caregiver Hub may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on our website, as determined by The Caregiver Hub in our sole discretion. The Caregiver Hub reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our Users, provided that you may opt out of certain means of notification as described in this Agreement. The Caregiver Hub is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. The Caregiver Hub may, in its sole discretion, modify or update this Agreement from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material manner, we will update the ‘last modified’ date at the top of this page and notify you that material changes have been made to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Agreement. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future Agreement, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Service.
- 14.3 Entire Agreement/Severability.This Agreement, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with The Caregiver Hub in connection with the Service, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and The Caregiver Hub concerning the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect, except that in the event of unenforceability of the universal Class Action/Jury Trial Waiver, the entire arbitration agreement shall be unenforceable.
- 14.4 No Waiver.No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and The Caregiver Hub’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- 14.5 Contact.Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions regarding this Agreement.
You should always consult with a qualified physician for any medical advice that is offered.